Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by DhammaTime, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
The Website is not directed to people younger than 18, and service on the Website is only offered to users 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 years old, please do not register to use the Website. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to the Website represents that they are 18 years of age or older.
- Your DhammaTime Account.
If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account. You must immediately notify DhammaTime of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. DhammaTime will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Community. We expect our community members to abide by our Code of Conduct (see the top post in the “DhammaTime” Forum). Violators may be temporarily or permanently excluded from services related to the DhammaTime community. If you feel treated unfairly by our community staff members, you may contact us directly and we will try and resolve the issue.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors.
DhammaTime has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, DhammaTime does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. DhammaTime disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which the DhammaTime website links, and that link to the DhammaTime website. DhammaTime does not have any control over those non-DhammaTime websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-DhammaTime website or webpage, DhammaTime does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. DhammaTime disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-DhammaTime websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement.
As DhammaTime asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the DhammaTime website violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify DhammaTime. DhammaTime will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. DhammaTime will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of DhammaTime or others. In the case of such termination, DhammaTime will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to DhammaTime.
- Intellectual Property.
This Agreement does not transfer from DhammaTime to you any DhammaTime or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with DhammaTime. DhammaTime, DhammaTime.org, the DhammaTime logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with DhammaTime, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of DhammaTime or DhammaTime’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any DhammaTime or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. We are constantly updating our services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting in the DhammaTime News forum, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new Terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using the DhammaTime website within the designated notice period. Your continued use of the DhammaTime website will be subject to the new Terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
- Termination. DhammaTime may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your DhammaTime account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. DhammaTime and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither DhammaTime nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will DhammaTime, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to DhammaTime under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. DhammaTime shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless DhammaTime, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Translation. These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these Terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between DhammaTime and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of DhammaTime, or by the posting by DhammaTime of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of Austria. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; DhammaTime may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
- License. These Terms of Service are an adaptation of the Terms of Service written by Automattic for WordPress.com. The original Terms are licensed under a Creative Commons Sharealike license and, by consequence, so is this document. If you choose to use our Terms for your own project, be warned that they come without warranty to be fit for any purpose and we are not liable for any damages you might suffer in relation to their usage.